1. What is Influenster?
Influenster is the place to go to find your next favorite thing. Whether you know exactly what you’re looking for, looking to be inspired, or just want to see what’s out there, Influenster can help with personalized product recommendations, real reviews written by people like you, Q&As, articles, contests, discounts and opportunities to sample free products.
2. I just joined. How do I get started?
Welcome, welcome! In order to help you start qualifying for VoxBoxes and finding your next favorite thing ASAP, here are the first four things you should do:
- Complete your profile. We don’t ask for anything too personal. Just some general information so we can start figuring out which of our campaigns might be absolutely perfect for you.
- Connect your social media accounts via your dashboard’s Social Impact page. Connecting all your accounts is the #1 way to boost your Social Impact (especially connecting Instagram)—and your Social Impact is a huge factor in determining if you qualify for any of our exclusive campaigns.
Pro Tip: When you connect your accounts, please remember to grant Influenster permissions. It’s the only way we can calculate your score.
Here’s a link that will take you where you need to go: https://www.influenster.com/dashboard/social-impact
- Snap to it. Snaps are quick questions about your shopping behavior and stuff like that. It’s another thing that helps us get to know you better. Be sure to answer honestly though; they can’t be edited once you submit an answer.
- Start exploring. Looking for lifestyle tips or info on the latest products? Influenster has thousands. Not to mention millions of real, honest reviews and Q&As from members like you. See something you've used before? Our 6.5 million members would love to hear your experience. Good or bad. Just be yourself and be honest.
3. What’s a VoxBox, and how do I qualify for one?
VoxBoxes are packages filled with these freebies, just waiting for your considered opinions. Sometimes they spotlight an assortment of products, sometimes a single brand, but either way you get awesome stuff for nothing more than a few words of honest feedback.
What’s the catch? (It’s a small one, we promise.) There are 6.5 million of you and only so much free stuff. This means we have to match each VoxBox to the members for whom it is best suited. To do that, we look at the information in your profile and send you surveys called Snaps to learn more about you—who you are and what you like.
Full disclosure: there’s also a bit of luck involved. We choose products we know a lot of you will love, so there are usually more perfect matches than VoxBoxes. It does help if you have a strong social presence and are an active member, so keep your Social Impact high, and we’ll do our best to find your next favorite thing.
4. How will I know if I am selected for a VoxBox?
VoxBox selection is a process. Why? Because we want to make sure every VoxBox goes to members who will love what’s inside— and tell the world.
It all starts with a pre-campaign survey. It’s an email that includes a deadline for completion, as well as a request for the address where you’d like the VoxBox shipped IF you qualify for the VoxBox.
Two important things to note: First, completing and submitting a pre-campaign survey does NOT guarantee you’ll be getting a VoxBox BUT it’s the only way to be eligible. 2) Please octuple check the address you give us is correct because there is no way we can change it after you submit the survey.
After that, be on the lookout for our now-famous “You're in” email. And if you’re super excited, you can check your campaign status using the Campaign tab in your dashboard.
Once the VoxBox is on its way, we’ll post a tracking number on the Campaign tab on your dashboard. But don’t be surprised if you receive your box before then.
5. How do I add / change my shipping address?
In order to keep your personal information personal, we do not store addresses on Influenster.com.
This means that we'll only ask for your address during the pre-survey. Please note that we can legally ONLY ship to the exact address you provide during the pre-survey. And we give the address exactly as you provide it directly to our shipping partner.
Received a “You're in” email and don’t remember giving us your address? We probably asked for it in a recent screening survey.
Note: We really, truly, legally can’t update mailing addresses after the pre-survey. If you receive a pre-survey and are moving in the near future, please enter the address of someone you can trust–maybe your parents or a trusted friend. That said, we exclusively ship through USPS, so if you’ve moved recently and are having your mail forwarded, you should get your VoxBox no problem.
6. Help! Some items in my VoxBox are missing/damaged.
We’re so sorry to hear you received a less than perfect VoxBox. It's rare, but mistakes can occasionally happen during shipping.
If a product is missing and the package isn’t damaged in any way, it's possible that the missing product only went out to a few recipients. It’s also possible that based on what we know about you, we intentionally left out a product we thought you wouldn’t enjoy.
Unfortunately, we currently can’t replace or send additional products. You see, our partners give us a limited amount of products for each campaign–and we ship them out to as many members as we can.
Sorry again, and we hope you enjoy the products that did arrive. And if you’re worried if a missing item will affect your account, don’t be. We never expect members to review a product they haven't tried.
7. How often does Influenster send out VoxBoxes?
All. The. Time.
More specifically, we don’t have an exact number because it really depends on our partners (since they provide the product), but it’s typically multiple VoxBoxes every single month—each with new, exciting products for our members to try and adore.
We frequently surprise members with special, custom VoxBoxes as well—featuring a single product or brand.
The best way to increase your chances of qualifying for both types of boxes is by filling out your profile, connecting your social accounts (especially Instagram), maintaining a high Impact Score, and completing Snaps.